Garmin Edge 1030 GPS Cycling Computer
Check out the Garmin Edge 1030 GPS Bike computer. The Edge 1030 features Trendline popularity routing, which uses billions of miles of rider data to show you the best on- and off-road routes.
- 3.5 inch color touchscreen claimed to work with gloves, or in the rain
- 5 bike computer with comprehensive navigation, performance and cycling awareness features
- Trendline popularity routing uses billions of miles of Garmin Connect ride data to show the best on- and off-road routes
- Preloaded Garmin Cycle Map provides turn-by-turn directions and new navigation alerts
- New rider-to-rider messaging lets you stay in contact with other cyclists in your group
- Challenge yourself every ride with newly updated preloaded Strava live segments feature
- Battery life: up to 20 hours, extendable up to 40 hours with the optional Garmin Charge power pack
Ride longer and stay connected with the Edge 1030 GPS cycling computer. It features Trendline popularity routing, which uses billions of miles of rider data to show you the best on- and off-road routes. It also includes a preloaded Garmin Cycle Map and new navigation alerts that notify you of sharp curves ahead.
Push your performance limits with the newly updated preloaded Strava Live Segments. Or use the preloaded TrainingPeaks app to complete workouts from your coach. Rider-to-rider messaging and GroupTrack help you stay aware and communicate with your buddies as you go. Edge 1030 is compatible with Varia rearview radar and smart bike lights, and it has built-in incident detection to help create a safer riding environment.
|Standard Bundle (010-01758-00)||Heart Rate Bundle (010-01758-01)|
|Edge 1030||Edge 1030|
|Extended out-front mount||Extended out-front mount|
|Standard mount||Standard mount|
|USB cable||USB cable|
|Product Manuals||Speed Sensor|
|Premium Heart Rate Monitor|
New Performance Features:
New Strava Segments and Strava Routes Integration
You can download Strava segments to your Edge1030. Changes and enhancements to Edge 1030 Segments involve:
- Edge 1030 will automatically choose who you are racing against depending on your current performance. The device automatically chooses the most relevant time for you to compete against from the following: KOM, PR, Rivals (next fastest and next slowest person you follow on segment leaderboard), your Recent Best, and Last Time. It will automatically change your competitors based on your performance as you ride.
- Integration of Segment Explore feature which allows users to download and compete against the most interesting
segments based on their current location and while they are out riding. These are chosen and selected by Strava and
sent to the Edge, and are updated as your location changes.
To sign up for a Strava membership, go to the segments widget in your Garmin Connect account. On the Edge 1030 users will
also be prompted to connect their Strava accounts as they finish setting up their device. New sign-ups will get 60 days free
premium trial on Strava.
Edge 1030 will also come preloaded with the new CIQ Strava Routes app. This allows users to import their Strava Routes directly onto their 1030 via the CIQ app. Simply open the app and the routes will appear. Choose the route you want to ride, choose the
activity profile you want to ride it with, then ride. Once downloaded, this route will be stored within the native Garmin Courses folder and will not need to be downloaded again.
Strava Routes that are downloaded will also automatically include any of the riders Favourited Segments that appear along the
route. This will mean that users will be able to navigate and compete on strava segments at the same time.
The Strava Routes app will also be available for free download on the Edge 520 / Edge 820 / Edge 1000 via apps.garmin.com.