Garmin Fenix 5S GPS Multi Sport Watch 42MM
The Garmin Fenix 5S is the smallest & lightest of the Fenix 5 models. Packed with features geared towards Trail runners or Hikers, the Fenix 5 is a must-have for you outdoor enthusiasts. There are several version of the Garmin Fenix 5, so to make sure you choose the correct model, check out these differences.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion, 9 days in smartwatch mode, 14 hours in GPS mode, and up to 40 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode
- Size:42 x 42 x 15 mm (smallest & lightest version)
- Storage - 54 MB Available
- Weight - With silicone band: 2.4 oz (67.0 g)
- Rechargeable lithium-ion, 2 weeks in smartwatch mode, 24 hours in GPS mode, 75 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode
- Size: 47 x 47 x 15.5 mm
- Storage - 54 MB Available
- With silicone band: 3.0 oz (85.0 g); Sapphire version: 3.1 oz (87.0 g)
- Full-color TOPO & Street Maps
- Rechargeable lithium-ion,12 days in smartwatch mode, 20 hours in GPS mode, 50 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode
- Size: 51 x 51 x 17.5 mm (largest & heaviest version)
- Storage - 12 GB
- 3.5 oz (98.0 g)
Ca Residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning
The Garmin fenix 5 series offers multiple models that vary in size to fit every wrist and every workout. Are you ready for this? Each Fenix 5 version offers a variety of stainless steel finishes, QuickFit watch band combinations and premium feature sets to give you the look, performance and lightweight comfort to match both your aesthetic and athletic interests. Swim, Run, Bike, Golf, do it all with the Garmin Fenix 5.
New Features in Fenix 5 Compared to Fenix 3
- Premium multisport GPS watch with Elevate wrist heart rate technology
- Fit for adventure with rugged design that features stainless steel bezel, buttons and rear case
- Fenix 5 Battery Life - Up to 9 days in smartwatch mode (depending on settings), up to 14 hours in GPS mode, and up to 400 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode
- Training Statistics - Get key stats at your fingertips with the performance widget that shows your training status, training load and more
- Wi-Fi Enabled - Connected features include smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect online fitness community and personalization through free watch faces and apps from our Connect IQ store
NAVIGATOR + ABC - Built-in navigation sensors include 3-axis compass, gyroscope and barometric altimeter as well as GPS and GLONASS
capability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
- Multiple Sport Activity Profiles - Preloaded activity profiles for all of your sports and adventures.
- Time of day (12/24h), calendar (day/date), daily alarm, stop watch, timer, sunrise/sunset alerts
- Fenix 5 Water Rating -Water-rated to 10 ATM (100 meters)
- Data Overlays - Data overlays on the map highlight key information so you don't have to switch screens while in an
- Around Me - Around Me map mode provides points of interest (POIs), waypoints and other map objects within
the display ring for a user-defined range
- Round-trip Run and Round-trip Ride - routing options give runners and cyclists the ability to enter distances they would like to travel and have the watch suggest appropriate courses
Beat yesterday all day, every day. Garmin fenix 5 is the premium multisport GPS watch with wrist-based heart rate, advanced fitness features and interchangeable bands that let you go from workplace to workout without breaking stride. Whatever sport you want to track, fenix 5 has it covered, thanks to built-in activity profiles and performance metrics plus smart notifications
Dual Navigation Networks
Every fenix 5 series GPS watch features advanced GPS and GLONASS satellite reception to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone. You can count on long battery life in each mode of operation (varies by model, depending on settings). And for go-anywhere confidence, all fenix 5 versions are water-rated to 100 meters.
Advanced Running Dynamics
Now you can go further with your running data. Garmin training features that tap into extended physiological metrics and advanced running dynamics can help improve your form and overall performance. These include:
- Performance condition: After running for 6-20 minutes, fenix 5 compares your real-time condition to your average fitness levels
- Lactate threshold: Through analysis of your pace and heart rate, fenix 5 estimates the point where your muscles start to rapidly fatigue
- Cadence number of steps per minute
- Stride length shows your stride length in real time
- Virtual Pacer (compares current pace to target)
- Recovery advisor
Navigate the Great Outdoors, Your Way
Every fenix 5 model provides comprehensive navigation and tracking to guide you on and off the beaten path using GPS plus ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass) sensor capabilities. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing, whether you're moving or not. In addition, there is an internal gyroscope to help improve position accuracy (and battery life) in UltraTrac mode.
So Many Ways to Stay Connected
Smart notifications through fenix 5 let you receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch whether you're on the trail, on the golf course or simply away from your desk. Other connected features include automatic uploads to our Garmin Connect online fitness community, live tracking and social media sharing through our free Garmin Connect and Garmin Connect Mobile applications.
Custom Apps and Watch Faces
You can customize any fenix 5 series watch with free downloads from our Connect IQ store. Change your watch face, add data fields or get apps and widgets for information at a glance.
Garmin is continually working with top companies and developers to build partnerships that add even more value to your fenix multisport watch. Names such as Uber, Strava, AccuWeather and many others offer apps and enhancements that let you tailor your fenix 5 to fit your lifestyle in more ways than ever.
Wear Your Personality on Your Sleeve
You can also download the free Garmin Face-It watch face app to customize your fenix with any photo from your smartphone. Just download the app, choose an image from your photo library, adjust the style for time and set it as your watches face. Whether its a scenic view from your last hike or a picture of your new puppy, with Garmin you can add personality to your watch that is uniquely you.
- fenix 5
- Charging/data cable
fenix 5 Sapphire
- fenix 5 Sapphire
- Extra silicone QuickFit watch band
- Charging/data cable
Extra band not included with fenix 5S rose goldtone sapphire with white band
- ƒThe Fenix 5S is smaller but it is heavier due to the metal casing
- The only other benefit over 935 is 10ATM water resistant but I don't know many people diving more than 100 meters deep
- It also comes in a sapphire lens version which is on a scale of 1 to 10 about a 9 on a strength scale compared to about a 4 on the 935 lens
- After using many different Garmin watches, or any watch for that matter, over the past decades of running, I have only cracked 1 so although the sapphire lens is nice, I wouldn't overly worry about the non-sapphire lenses being too fragile
- It is nice to know that you can have peace of mind with the sapphire lens but it comes with a higher cost
- The 935 and Fenix 5 are essentially the same watch physically with the Fenix being a bit thicker and much heavier
- It also has a sapphire lens version
- This is the mack daddy of watches! It is roughly the same size as the former Fenix 3 HR
- The biggest difference is that this watch comes with preloaded OSM (Open Street Maps) for roads and trails and topo maps as well
- You can get routing directions, Points of Interest nearby and Round Trip Routing for any given distance
- It comes with a sapphire lens
- It is twice the weight of the 935